Whether you’re buying, selling or simply moving from one rented home to another, it’s vitally important to know where you stand in regards to your move and lockdown.
Here at AVM, we offer an outstanding removals and storage service. We pride ourselves on being fast, friendly and reliable and can help ensure that moving home goes smoothly. For more information on the services we provide, call us today on 0800 833 932.
What Does the Government Say?
Given the situation, the UK government has given official guidance, urging anyone involved in the process of moving home to adapt to the situation and be flexible. Whilst the lockdown is beginning to ease up, the government has set out plans to restart England’s housing market, which was previously in a deep freeze.
Estate agents are now open, viewings can be carried out and removals companies can restart operations fully.
Potential buyers and renters will be allowed to visit show homes and attend viewings and anyone who has already bought a new home will be able to visit it to prepare for moving in.
During a physical viewing, all internal doors should stay open, or any touched doors handle wiped down along with other surfaces after each visit. Washing facilities should also be provided with washable towels, or visitors should bring their own hand sanitiser.
Virtual property viewings have also become more popular and will be running online where possible.
If you are moving in with someone new, who is currently in a different household, the government has said this is permitted. Though, it is vitally important that if anyone in either household is showing symptoms of the virus, the move should be delayed. A period of self-isolation should be completed before anyone moves.
How Can You Stay Safe Whilst Moving?
- You and anyone in your household should try and do as much packing as possible yourself.
- Where possible, clean your belongings before the move with a household cleaning product, before they are handled by the removers.
- Whilst the removers are in your home, try to keep any internal doors open, minimise your contact with the team and keep a distance of at least 2 metres, if possible.
- Everyone involved in the move should wash their hands regularly and avoid touching any surfaces where the coronavirus could be transmitted.
- Unfortunately, please try not to provide any refreshments, but providing handwashing facilities and separate towels or paper towels that can be washed or disposed of, will help everyone to keep safe.
Stay Safe With a Stress-Free Move
The most important thing to remember is that flexibility is key for a successful move during such a confusing time. Be prepared to move and reschedule dates, in case someone becomes ill and must self-isolate.
Whilst removals firms are able to operate, you may see an adjustment to usual procedures in order to make you and your family are as safe as possible.
AVM Storage & Shipping is proud to be one of the leading removals companies in Cheltenham. Over the many years of which we have been established, we have provided our valued customers with a quality one-stop service that encompasses the main 4 cornerstones of the transport industry: removals, logistics, storage and shipping.
Our friendly team is always available on 0800 833 932 and will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have and advise you on your upcoming move.